The Victoria Zen Centre is a dynamic community and offers a sustainable environment for the practice of living Zen in our families and in our world.
The Victoria Zen Centre offers:
- Training for many non-residential members, and a few residential members.
- A variety of inclusive activities for the Sangha and broader community.
The Victoria Zen Centre:
- Is located in Sooke on Vancouver Island, in British Columbia, Canada
- Was incorporated as a non-profit organization in the province of British Columbia and registered federally as a charity in November, 1980.
- Was recognized as an independent religious body in the province of British Columbia in May, 2009.
Zen practice here has arisen out of the Rinzai tradition, but we maintain no formal affiliation with any other teacher or centre.
Ven. Eshu Martin was affirmed as the first Abbot and teacher of the Victoria Zen Centre by the board of directors and membership in November 2005.